About Peterson Elementary School
Peterson Elementary School serves families in the southern portion of Northwest ISD in Fort Worth, where it is known for providing a learning environment that champions student growth.
The school is named after Omas Anthony “O.A.” Peterson, a local rancher who was the chairman of the steering committee that pursued the consolidation of the Haslet, Justin, Rhome and Roanoke school districts. Mr. Peterson was named by the Commissioners Court of Denton County as one of the first trustees of the then-newly formed Northwest ISD, a position he held from 1949 to 1954. Prior to Northwest ISD’s creation, Mr. Peterson was active in the Elizabeth and Roanoke schools.
At Peterson, teachers and staff provide students with a positive and safe learning environment designed to prepare them for the next step in their education.
Peterson prides itself on nurturing students to achieve their potential, including educational standards, fine arts interests, athletic abilities and nutritional betterment.
Colors: Blue and Black